2 Days Solo - Last Time Solo

October 04, 2018

It's been a long time since I wrote about Costa Rica so it's definitely time for another post.



The last day solo was finally here, I was about to head off for 2 months into the jungle. Living with a group of strangers and honestly, I didn't know what to think, I was happy because I was finally meeting more people like me and to learn all their travels. I had been talking to one of the girls who was also heading to the camp at the same time as me so I was excited to meet her. She had even gone out in the pouring rain the night before to try and find me at the hostel, but due to poor wifi we never met.

I still remember walking up the main street to the staff house where I would be meeting everyone. I had my massive 90L backpack on as well as my walking boots. Honestly, I was so scared and I've never walked so quickly in my life. I was so worried that someone was going to try and take my bag or I wasn't going to make it in time. Fast record to 2 weeks later and I walked that some street like I had been there my whole life.

We meet at the staff house then headed back into town to get some lunch before getting the collectevo to the campsite. We stopped off at the bakery and got a slice of Pizza each as well as an iced coffee from the cafe opposite. 2 things I honestly didn't think I would have come across.

There was only 4 of us, Me, Emma; the girl who came to the hostel to try and find me. Neil and Loris, or Roger, which was given to him by one of the other staff members as he insisted we couldn't say his name properly. We were joined on the collectevo (the collectevo is a truck with benches in the back which worked similar to a bus. To be honest with you I'm really not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) by Laura and Wilbur her rescue dog.


The journey to the camp was about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending if the drivers wanted a break, I didn't take my eyes off the views on the way to camp, I had never seen views like it. Busy urban areas to open farmland with little to see to the dense jungle where you should see little in such a short time frame. This was what I fell in love with, the biodiversity on not only just the wildlife but the landscape. Don't even get me started on the beaches and sunsets.




When we got to the camp we were greeted by everyone at the camp, including the pets. Everyone was so welcoming and smiley, offering to carry my bags and just wanted to know all about the newbies. Staff member Emma or Emma #1 due to having 2 Emma's at the camp offered to carry my bag to the camp which I thought was really nice of her. We got shown to our beds. Nina showed all the newbies around the site and made me feel right at home, everyone did. I felt so much better finally being in the company of people. I finally was able to relax.

Even if it was short lived...

I am back! Sorry for the long wait, There has been a lot going on with work and trying to get everything ready for Australia but with everything sorted and more time off work, I can finally blog again! Don't forget to follow as there will be a lot more posts coming very soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments